Scan container images from Quay in Snyk
Snyk tests and monitors your Quay container images by evaluating its tags in your repositories. Once imported to Snyk, your image vulnerabilities are surfaced and can be triaged easily.
To add images from Quay to Snyk:
- Have a Snyk account with access to the relevant organization (given by an administrator).
- 1.Log in to your account and navigate to the relevant group and organization that you want to manage.
- 2.Under the Projects tab, click Add project. The list of integrations already configured on your account opens. Select the Quay option or Other if Quay doesn’t appear.
- 3.The Which images do you want to test? view appears, displaying all of the available images for your connected registry, grouped by each of your repositories.
- 4.Select single or multiple images to be imported to Snyk. Selection can be done by choosing a specific image or selecting an entire repository. You can also search by image name to find specific images to import. To finish, click Add selected repositories on the top-right.
- 5.A status bar appears at the top of the page as the images are imported; you can continue working in the meantime.
- 6.When the import ends:
- 1.You can view the newly imported image in the Projects page (marked with a NEW tag). Images are grouped by repository and are each linked individually to a detailed Project page.
- An import log becomes available and can be reached at the top of the projects list.
- 2.To enrich the data and get recommendations regarding your base image, you can connect your Dockerfile to the image project, under Settings. For more info, see Adding your Dockerfile and test your base image.
Quay imports are indicated with a unique icon, and you can also filter the integration in the projects view to see Quay projects only: