Fix your vulnerabilities
Snyk helps you to fix vulnerabilities, by upgrading the direct dependencies to a vulnerability-free version, or by patching the vulnerability. After Snyk scans your Projects, scan results allow you to resolve those issues in your code, with the help of clear suggestions and explanations.
From our app, for each tab (upgrade and patch) in the fix advice area of your Project details, results are displayed as follows:
- The total number of packages that can be fixed is displayed on the tab title.
- In groups of vulnerabilities by package, entitled by the upgrade or fix that’s recommended.
- Packages can be expanded in order to view the full list of vulnerabilities affecting the package.
- All the vulnerabilities found in your dependencies are displayed further below, together with contextual information that can help you prioritize the issues and start fixing them if required.
Scan results on Web UI
The Fix Advice area appears on the Project details page:
Snyk offers you one of these solutions:
- An upgrade - an upgrade to the original package
- Pinning a package - installing a package as a top-level dependency; that is, a specific version of an indirect dependency. This avoids a direct dependency pulling in a vulnerable version
- A Snyk precision patch - if an upgrade to fix any of the vulnerabilities in the package is not currently available, Snyk offers patches to fix the issues
The summary area groups advice per package, and is displayed based on the best available fix. Advice in these summary lists includes these details per package:
- All vulnerability names and severity details affecting that package
- The recommended fix - a link to the recommended fix for this package and its listed vulnerabilities: either the specific version to which to upgrade or the name of the patch
Upgrade issues tabs
Patchable issues tabs
You can also find additional advice and details further down on the Project details page:
- From the Issues, tab, a full description per vulnerability
- From the Dependencies tab, the entire tree of your project dependencies, enabling you to clearly visualize affected paths
For information about using the CLI in fixing vulnerabilities, see Fix vulnerabilities using the Snyk CLI.
To apply fixes, you can:
- If you are using a Source code integration:
- Click Open a fix PR on the project page.
Automatic Fix PRs When a new fixable vulnerability is found, Snyk can attempt to open a new pull request automatically. See Automated pull request creation for new fixes for details.